We restored this property and continue to build it out, as a “camp” for gathering with our family and friends. We also rent it out part time as we delight in sharing it with others who share our appreciation of the old and the classic, and enjoy the basic simplicity of an old school “camp” experience in a beautiful setting
Generally speaking, the beachfront trailers are available two weekends per month, and the entire property is available once per month (trailers + cottage). The whole camp is appropriate for lodging, as well as photography, filming, or small daytime gatherings (max. 16 people and 6 cars during the day, max. 8 adults at night). Please send an email to inquire about openings. The calendar only provides a loose schedule for weekend trailer rentals.
About the area: Tomales Bay has maintained its pristine waters and rural charm. Farming and preservation are still very important to the community. There's balance here that feels distant from the densely populated towns only 45 minutes away.
The property includes the gently-renovated historic cottage and two separately-placed vintage trailers that create their own living space. The deep water dock, large beach, and yard, offer ample opportunity for picnics and play. The camp and cottage provide a pure and nostalgic outdoor experience. There is “fairly reliable” wifi on the property, cell service is spotty.
You'll find this a simple, charming retreat for disconnecting from your routine.
Fixed weekend price: Flexible arrival and departure. The weekend rental is a fixed price, set any arrival time you like on Friday between 2pm and 8pm or arrive any time on Saturday between 9am and 8pm. Depart any time before 5pm on Sunday.
Guests: For overnight trailer rentals, 4 guests may stay in the two trailers (there is only one bathroom, situated next to the bedroom in the '51 trailer). For day use, up to 8 people are welcome (3 cars).
For overnight full property rental, 8 may stay overnight and up to 16 are welcome for day use (6 cars).
• The fixed price for renting the beachfront trailers for the weekend is $900 plus cleaning and taxes.
• The fixed price for renting the entire property (cottage and trailers) for the weekend is $3000 plus cleaning and taxes.
About the experience:
• Remarkable nature unfolds in Tomales Bay. Herons, pelicans, seals, otters, and bat rays make their home here.
• You have access to a private beach/yard and deep water dock for launching kayaks or SUP's right from the beach. If you have kayak experience you are welcome to use our two older (sit on top) kayaks. We have life jackets and paddles too. Other activities we are are corn hole and croquet.
• There are two expertly restored 1948 and 1951 Spartanette trailers, offering incredible examples of mid-century design, manufacturing, and lifestyle.
• The trailers are over 70-years-old, have delicate aspects and show their age in some areas. With that, they are not appropriate for small children, and are not childproofed.
• There is one bathroom tiny bathroom in the 1951 trail, and an outdoor bathroom and shower located on the deck between the two beachfront trailers.
• There is one working kitchen in the '51 trailer with a small propane stove, the oven is not working. The kitchen in the '48 trailer has no running water and only a working refrigerator.
• The day of your arrival we will arrange to meet someone in person at Fisherman's Camp for a walk through and instructions of the property and trailers.
Wireless Broadband Internet
Sunny summer day at Fisherman's Camp
Glassy water kayak across the bay
Catch the evening sunset on the dock
1951 Spartanette Trailer
Fishermans' Camp private dock
Summer picnics on the dock.
Credit cards accepted, Accessible 24/7 and Smoking not allowed
Parking & facilities
Private Garden and Parking included
Credit cards accepted
Smoking not allowed
Check in: 02:00 PM
Check out: 05:00 PM